Products are the items your business buys and sells. Use the Products page to manage your Product Catalogue.
|Navigate to Product Catalogue > Products.|
|Use the Quick and Advanced Search to help you find the product you’re looking for.|
|By default, products are ordered by Item Code (numerically, then A-Z). To sort by something else, click on the column heading. Click again to reverse the sort order.|
|The In Stock, Allocated, On Order, Free Stock, and Back Order columns help you to keep track of your Inventory at a glance.|
|Click Add New to add a new product to your Product Catalogue.|
The Products page is customisable so you can see the information that’s most important to you and your workflow.
Add a new Product
To create a new product, you’ll need to have appropriate User Access to the Product Catalogue module.
1. Go to Product Catalogue > Products.
2. Click Add New in the top-right corner.
You can also create a copy of an existing product by opening the product, scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting Functions > Copy Product. This creates a new product where you can edit the details as follows.
3. A new Product entry page will be displayed. Start by selecting/entering the details as required in the Products section.
You’ll need to complete all of the mandatory fields (marked with a *) before you can save the product.
Refer to Product field explanations for more information on each field.
4. Once all of the required details have been selected/entered in the Products section, scroll down and click Save before adding any of the information on the right-hand side.
Add other information to a Product
Use the other sections of the Product entry page to do the following:
- Assign the product to a Category, configure if the product is Serial Number Controlled or Batch Controlled, or add other information under Additional Information.
- Configure quantity-based pricing under Product Pricing.
- Add the supplier(s) you order the product from under Product Suppliers. You’ll need to do this to be able to add this product to a Purchase Order.
- Adjust the stock levels under Stock Adjustment.
- Record where the products are stored under Product Locations.
- Configure pack sizes under Pack Sizes.
- Upload Files associated with the Purchase Order under Files.
Product field explanations
|Item Code||Y||Your SKU to allow you to identify each product uniquely.|
|Product Description||Y||A description of the product. This will appear on printable documents such as Quotes.|
|Barcode||N||When despatching or receiving goods using a barcode scanner, Workhorse will use this field to identify the product.|
|Sell Tax Rate||Y||Select the Tax Rate that applies to this product from the drop-down list.|
|Xero Account Code||N||Nominal Code in Xero for expenses.|
|Xero Purchase Account Code||N||Nominal Code in Xero for purchases.|
|Default Sell Price||Y||The retail price if no other prices or discounts are applied.|
|Avg Cost Price||Automatic||The average price this product has been purchased for (based on Purchase Orders).|
|Override Cost Price||N||Use this field to override the average cost price calculated by the system.|
|Additional Costs||N||Use this field to record additional costs above the actual cost price.|
|Unit of Measure||Y||Select the unit of measure the product is sold in from the drop-down list.|
|In Stock||Automatic||The quantity currently in stock.|
|Allocated||Automatic||The quantity currently allocated to Customer Orders.|
|On Order||Automatic||The quantity currently ordered from Suppliers but not yet received.|
|Free Stock||Automatic||In Stock minus Allocated.|
|Back Order||Automatic||The quantity ordered on Customer Orders which cannot be fulfilled due to insufficient stock.|
|Xero Ref||N||The reference number for this product in Xero.|